Does your back hurt after a car or work accident in West Virginia (WV)?
If your spine has been injured, you know the pain can be excruciating, debilitating, and unending. Back and spine injuries are some of the most common injuries that permanently alter our clients’ lives after a car wreck or workplace accident. The insurance companies will attempt to minimize the amount of compensation you receive for your back injury, especially if you have a prior history of back pain that has been aggravated and made considerably worse by this traumatic event. Our office frequently receives calls concerning spinal injuries, especially to the lower vertebrae, and the Robinette Legal Group has consistently obtained excellent results for our seriously injured clients.
Spinal cord injuries include:
- Herniated discs: Fluid in the discs between any vertebrae ruptures, causing partial arm paralysis and pain
- Fractured vertebrae: Can happen anywhere along the spinal column. Individual vertebrae break or disconnect, leading to possible paralysis below the fracture.
- Cervical injuries: Injuries to the spine near the neck usually result in full or partial paralysis. A broken neck is a type of cervical injury.
- Thoracic injuries: Mid-back area of the spine. Often results in paralysis or partial immobility of arms and legs.
- Lumbar and sacral injuries: Lower spine injuries often result in mobility problems or paralysis of hips, as well as effects on the urinary tract and digestive tract.
A spinal cord injury doesn’t always mean paralysis. Many spine injuries suffered in accidents go undetected as hairline fractures on the vertebrae. There may be only minor symptoms, which may go away over time, leaving the victim to believe that no serious injury occurred.
In time, however, even a minor spinal cord injury can progress to a serious problem, requiring surgery and years of medical treatment. At their worst, a spinal cord injury can progress to paralysis and organ damage.
Get the Help You Need From Experienced Professionals
If you or a loved one has been in an accident and is noticing back pain or other nerve damage, make sure a medical specialist considers the possibility of a spinal cord injury. The West Virginia spinal cord injury lawyers of the Robinette Legal Group have extensive experience representing clients involved in spinal cord injury claims.
Jeff Robinette is a former insurance defense attorney who now exclusively represents plaintiffs injured by someone else’s negligence. I use my courtroom experience and knowledge of the insurance litigation system to provide vigorous, effective representation for people who need to recover full and fair money damages for serious injuries that forever change our clients’ work and daily lives.
Free Books for WV Accident Victims:
Spinal cord injuries don’t go away on their own. If you have been injured, you may face a lifetime of medical treatment and financial loss. Our firm will fight hard to help you recover the full and fair money damages you are entitled to.
To learn more about what actions you should take — and must avoid — after an accident, order a FREE copy of our latest book Righting the Wrong: West Virginia Serious Injury Guide. You can obtain this book by contacting us through our website http://www.robinettelaw.com or by calling us at 304-594-1800 today.
We welcome your call and would be glad to answer your questions concerning your serious back or spinal injury.